Nebraska?

Will be MOVING to nebraska soon - around the end of July...

frow.gif

WOW! from San Diego. I got to go there two years ago and loved the beac. I would've spent all of the time there if I could have. BEAUTIFUL! Welcome to Nebraska!
frow.gif

Chelly,

Welcome to Nebraska. You are making the move in probably the hottest time of the year!?!?

What part of this great state are you going to reside in? I am in the extreme southeast corner.

Are you the same Chel that had contacted me once about some silkies?

Take care,

Aaron

www.ansfarms.com

No - not the same Chel!
lol.png

We have to move in the heat of summer - if it was snowing I wouldn't stop the car!!!
lol.png
lol.png

(when it does snow I won't leave the house
lau.gif
)

We'll be 60 miles north of North Platte - tiny little town called Thedford!

I'm looking forward to the move, the quiet of the country and to get out of this rat race and sky high prices for EVERYTHING.... Oh and I can't wait to get CHICKENS!
big_smile.png

Hey Thedford - you will like the climate in the summer. Close to San Diego, probably as you are in the Sandhills (A very unique landscape in the world with grouse all around, Mule deer, and fairly low humidity. Nice Sandhill river of the Loup right there and next to the or one of the largest man made forests in the US - Halsey National Forest!!

You will be about 6 hours away from me in SE corner of Nebraska. There are a few good breeders to the south of Thedford in the Grand Island - Kearney area that I could assist with some stock - depending on what you are looking for.

Oh Aaron that would be awesome. I've looked and keep looking at the MM catalog, they seeem really close to Nebraska.
I'm no tpicky about breeds, as I've never owned chickens before!
big_smile.png

I am only concerned that they will be OK in all that snow, I do LOVE the looks of the Blue Laced Wynadotte's - they only have straight run from MM - and I don't want a bunch of Roo's - I want brown egg layers (my kids won't eat white eggs - no clue why)
Mostly I just want some pets and some breakfast!
lol.png

I've been thinking about chickens for meat, but I dont' know if I can do that! :eek:

(we will be in Thedford in about a week, just for a feew days to check the place out)

Hey all. Long time BYC member chiming in here. I just saw this thread because I mostly hang out on the BYC EZboard.

My name is Katie and I live in Bellevue.

I have 6 chickens and 4 ducks. I have had pet ducks since I was 14 living in Omaha.

My newest duck is just a few days shy of 2 months old and is completely blind.

Hey Katie, I live just south of you at Lake WaConDa (about 5 minutes south of Beaver Lake). DH works in Omaha on 13th St.

Chelly, I would say welcome to Nebraska but me and DH just can't figure out why anyone would move here from San Diego. North Platte is a pretty cool little town though, we used to go to Lake Maloney in the summer. I've heard of Thedford but haven't been there.

Bellevue is right next to Omaha, on the eastern edge of the state along I-80.

Back
Top Bottom