Nebraska?

Well, the reason is simple...
Its too dang expensive here, and we have an "almost" free home to move to in Thedford - family owned.

We tried for a while to buy here, couldnt' find anythign in our comfort range, I dont' want to buy a house and then have to spend all my time at work, PAYING for it. You honestly can NOT buy a nice house here for under $550K, and to crown it off, I wanted a little bit of land, I dont' want people RIGHT next door to me..... I want to keep my horse right outside my back door, instead of on someone elses ranch 30 minutes away.

Well I know where Omaha is, we flew into Omaha at the beginning of the month... then DROVE 5 hours to Thedford..

Hi Jill,
Yep - we have like three weeks or so to go - been busy packing, I HATE PACKING.....
Trying to get things done on weekends and evenings is difficult. I get to stop work on the 13th, but not altogether... I have to go back on the 18th to do some stuff, and then the following wednesday as well, but at lest I'll ahve more time at home.

AND, its been SO HOT here - our house for the last two evenings has been 94 degrees when I got home from work. We dont' have air conditioning so its been horrible!

On the bright side, just a month till I get my CHICKENS!
ya.gif

Well we only rent - we've been here 3 years.... last summer it got up to 108 inside the house - and I told my hubby then I NEVER EVER want to live like this again! And well here we go.................

Sorry it took me so long to get back.

Aimee, I have been to Lake WaConDa. I actually used to live on Bucaneer Bay Lake in Plattsmouth for about 5 years.

Your DH must not work far from me, I too work on 13th street.

Such a small world we live in.
big_smile.png

We've lived here for 12 years now. We looked at Bucaneer Bay when we were looking at houses (and every other lake around) but we kept coming back here and to this house. Now, I couldn't imagine living back in town again.

His family owns Tourek Engraving Co. It's between Martha and Pacific.

That's pretty cool. I have always known about that place, but haven't ever needed anything engraved.

I work for Game & Parks. We are nearer to the zoo. I love it because my boss lets me bring my kritters in if I need to. When I got my blind duckling I got to take her every day for a couple months to bond with her.

They engrave on paper, not metals or plastic. People are always calling or stopping in wanting a trophy or plaque engraved. Drives him nuts, it's pretty funny.

My friends Dad lives behind the Zoo. A lot of people don't even know those houses are there.

Chelly,

How did your move go? Your in Nebraska now, right? Boy, what a time, we are getting such hot weather now too.

Enjoy small town life and try to stay cool.

Jill

Back
Top Bottom