Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
New here, figured I pop in on the NE thread.

I'm along the Platte near Schuyler. We have a ton of critters but focus on BCMs and a small group of peafowl.

Anyone going to the West Point auction next weekend?
HI,
West Point auction.
I have never been to an animal auction.
Is the auction Sat and Sun.
What is the time of it ?
Thanks,
mg

dw: "Lately I have been on a very high protein diet and haven't had many "extras". I am hosting a baby shower on Saturday and have been praying to the egg gods
fl.gif
for 2 a day everyday this week so that I don't have to buy any eggs to make 2 large eggs casseroles"

Last edited:
I have always wanted chickens. And then one day, I put peonies for sale on Craigslist. A lady came for the peonies, we talked, and she has a farm. I told her of my dream. She helped a lot and now I have my very own flock.

I could never stand the way the chickens are treated in those cavernous chicken laying operations. The way the animals are treated is so inhumane.
At least my girls are happy, and they are appreciated. And I no longer have to buy eggs at a store.
Organic Valley eggs are $4.99 a dozen.

Truly, I am amazed people are not sickened at the inhumane treatment some animals get.
I just watched "Vegicated" now I am thinking of going vegan, I did order some Hemp Milk from Azure Standard, but the truck lost my order. I wanted to get started on cutting down on milk.

mg

The auction begins at 9am sharp Sunday the 21. Consignments starts Saturday at 2pm.

$4 entry, West Point fairgrounds.

This was taken off the flyer. My personal experience says there will be 200+ cages of birds. Everything from eggs/chicks to old retired breeders. Get there a bit early to get a number and avoid the last minute line to sign up.

The auction begins at 9am sharp Sunday the 21. Consignments starts Saturday at 2pm.

This was taken off the flyer. My personal experience says there will be 200+ cages of birds. Everything from eggs/chicks to old retired breeders. Get there a bit early to get a number and avoid the last minute line to sign up.
Thank you for the info.

Are you allowed to have as many chickens as you want where you are ?

I have always wanted chickens. And then one day, I put peonies for sale on Craigslist. A lady came for the peonies, we talked, and she has a farm. I told her of my dream. She helped a lot and now I have my very own flock.

I could never stand the way the chickens are treated in those cavernous chicken laying operations. The way the animals are treated is so inhumane.
At least my girls are happy, and they are appreciated. And I no longer have to buy eggs at a store.
Organic Valley eggs are $4.99 a dozen.

Truly, I am amazed people are not sickened at the inhumane treatment some animals get.
I just watched "Vegicated" now I am thinking of going vegan, I did order some Hemp Milk from Azure Standard, but the truck lost my order. I wanted to get started on cutting down on milk.

mg

A lot of those stories seen on the internet are sensationalized and only represent a very,VERY small percentage of "farmers'. I grew up on a dairy, chicken, hog etc. farm in Iowa. You have to realize that if a farmer doesn't treat their animals well they do not produce......poor milk production, poor egg production, low butcher weight, poor fertility rates....all that equals lost revenue....
I believe our livestock got better health care then us kids did...lolol......anyway, don't believe everything you see on the internet.......

A lot of those stories seen on the internet are sensationalized and only represent a very,VERY small percentage of "farmers'. I grew up on a dairy, chicken, hog etc. farm in Iowa. You have to realize that if a farmer doesn't treat their animals well they do not produce......poor milk production, poor egg production, low butcher weight, poor fertility rates....all that equals lost revenue....
I believe our livestock got better health care then us kids did...lolol......anyway, don't believe everything you see on the internet.......
Thank you for replying.
I understand your passion.

mg

PlatteRiver
I haven't ever been to one either and have always wanted to go. Are there often a large variety of interesting birds there?
DW

There's normally a bit of everything. Between West Point and the Fremont show on May 5th you should find what your looking for.

I guess it depends on what you call interesting. Its a rather larger gathering. There should be a decent line up of equipment also. That auction will follow the birds.

Back
Top Bottom