Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
I went to my first poultry/animal auction in March in Madison NE. Bought some coturnix quail and a vintage nesting box.....cheap. I'd love to go to another but they all have been falling on the weekends I have to work....

There's normally a bit of everything. Between West Point and the Fremont show on May 5th you should find what your looking for.

I guess it depends on what you call interesting. Its a rather larger gathering. There should be a decent line up of equipment also. That auction will follow the birds.
Thanks,
I have always wanted a Norwegian Jaerhon.

mg

That does sound like torture for a 12 year old. It'll do him some good and hopefully teach him the value of hard work. :D

I'm thinking the sand isn't quite the right fit for us because my kids are much younger (5, 3, and 6mos) and so it'll be ME doing the scooping and other cleaning. I'm already doing all of our gardening so I'm trying to reduce the number of chores I need to do. If I can get away with putting the chickens to work and letting them earn their keep it'll help me get done what needs to get done in a day. I just tripled our garden space today by tilling up a 12x80 bed at the back of our lot. Lots more room for produce but a lot more work as well.

Thanks for the insights and advice! I'll attach a few pictures when I figure out exactly how I'm going to do the coop. I've got a little while yet (~2 months) before I need to get it put together but every time I'm out there I'm looking at that space and trying to visualize. :D

The auction begins at 9am sharp Sunday the 21. Consignments starts Saturday at 2pm.

$4 entry, West Point fairgrounds.

This was taken off the flyer. My personal experience says there will be 200+ cages of birds. Everything from eggs/chicks to old retired breeders. Get there a bit early to get a number and avoid the last minute line to sign up.
Originally Posted by PlatteRiverPs

"There's normally a bit of everything. Between West Point and the Fremont show on May 5th you should find what your looking for."

Hi, you mention an auction in Fremont on May 5th.
That is a Sunday, can you tell me what time ?
Thanks,
mg

Hey I'm way out in the panhandle and I wondered if anyone on here, in Nebraska, happened to have some English Type Orphingtons! I'm looking for a couple of nice hens and maybe a rooster too! Thanks!

Hey I'm way out in the panhandle and I wondered if anyone on here, in Nebraska, happened to have some English Type Orphingtons! I'm looking for a couple of nice hens and maybe a rooster too! Thanks!
Hi,
I don't but I hope someone else does.
The Kansas people thread has a lot of posts.
It's a big group.

Born and raised in Aksarben area Omaha, NE and new to chickens. I'm an organic farmer, landscaper and cactus collector extraordinaire. I love trading plants and after a successful year or 2 of chicken keeping would perhaps like to do the same. I'm generally an outdoor person who enjoys hard work in the hot sun.

Take care,
J

Descivii

What kind of chickens did you have ?
Are you going to get more this spring ?
I didn't know cactus could live in our winter...
mg

Back
Top Bottom