Need advice/help/experiences,Pekin female cough/voice changes now

Pebbles has been doing better. My concern now is both of them that are inside havent laid an egg for a week and Rosie the one whose not sick is losing feathers like crazy. Could this be molting? Pebbles is losing some too but not as much as Rosie

Pebbles has been doing better. My concern now is both of them that are inside havent laid an egg for a week and Rosie the one whose not sick is losing feathers like crazy. Could this be molting? Pebbles is losing some too but not as much as Rosie
I think your seeing molt, living in your house the temps probably has started it. Heck some of mine are going through a mini molt and they live outside. I'm glad to hear Pebbles is doing better. That's great news.

what does it mean when they get a V looking shape under their belly? Losing weight? Ive seen this on 3 of my females now. Itll look this way a few days then go away

See how underneath looks like a V shape in a way. Like fat hanging

See how underneath looks like a V shape in a way. Like fat hanging
I see this on my geese but so far haven't seen with my Muscvoy's she doesn't look underweight but is this the one that was sick for so long? might take a while for her to catch back up. Best way for me to tell they are all in good weight is to hold them those feathers can hide alot. Do you keep food out all the time during the day? Also when my girls are getting ready to lay their bellies get low, are they laying?

This pic is the one who was sick but hers looks normal again. Its 2 other females outside that have it now. Never noticed this before on them

Back
Top Bottom