Fisherlmiranda

Songster
Feb 25, 2018
Morrow, Ohio
Incubating duck eggs. And a few days ago I was advised to run dry till first external pip. My hair cells were very small. But now were on day 29 for welsh harlequin eggs and they haven't internal piped. I can tell they are trying. I could see it for the last 24 hr. So continue running dry or no. The air cells look to have caught up to me. Looks to be piping in the wrong place to. The red line is where it was on day 24.
Screenshot_20180522-105807_Gallery.jpg

Looks like they did catch up, glad that keeping the humidity down worked :) I was just about to ask about that on your other thread. I'd say you're safe to increase the humidity now.

Day 29 is a little late, what's the temperature been? Do you see them moving around in there still when you candle?

Yes they are moving around still and its day 30. The temperature was increased to 102 on day 18. I was running at 99.5 and lost a few and was told to increase to 102 for a still air incubator

Ah yes, it should be 101.5 measured at the top of the eggs in a still air, so that does explain the lateness.

Back
Top Bottom