need answers on chicken questions? get nearly all your chicken questions answered right here right n

Silkiecyddles, I said earlier she was out & about with the other girls. Now she's nesting again in another's nest. The person at the local farm store said to separate her from her environment & routine for a few days, but to keep her close by the others. In other words cage her outside the others. She said this will force her to change her schedule & confuse her with different surroundings thus enabling her to make a change. I'm at it again!! Just thought I'd let you know! Thanks again!!

Do you know what kind of rooster this is? and if it is capable of reproducing?

Thanks
Terry Warren
file:///Users/charleacewarren/Desktop/IMG_1058.JPG

Really Weird Question. I was trying to think of a way to deter my dog from my chickens,and i was wondering if dusting the chook with black pepper and placing it around the coop would cause irritation or harm the chook ? cause dogs hate pepper ? Completely understand if you ignore this question lol, its pretty wack.

Really Weird Question. I was trying to think of a way to deter my dog from my chickens,and i was wondering if dusting the chook with black pepper  and placing it around the coop would cause irritation or harm the chook ? cause dogs hate pepper ? Completely understand if you ignore this question lol, its pretty wack.
I've never heard of that. I'd grab a BB gun or a shock collar :lol:

I have a permanent chicken run, but I want to move them around the areas of the yard. I know how to build a portable chicken run, but I don't know how to get the chickens INSIDE the portable run, and then of course, getting them back inside their hen house at night. I can build a bottom for my portable run, and trap them inside, but I'd rather not. My chickens are far too fast to catch. What are your suggestions. I can't find this question anywhere online.

I have an 8 year old Australope who appears to have arthritis in her feet. I've been trying to keep her nails clipped since they were getting long due to her reduced scratching activity. This am I lifted her down from the perch and one foot was curled up not nice and flat. She limped a bit then the foot relaxed but she walks very stiffly. She's healthy and normal otherwise. Is there some kind of joint or pain reliever I can give her? I feel so bad for her. Thanks!

Rtaylor0140 if you have the time and patients, Clicker training your dog can help a ton! once he's trained, it only takes one click and he's going to listen to whatever you say. we're currently doing the same thing with our dogs so they dont bother the chickens :)

Also, you can do a hot wire fence around your chickens areas, and he'll learn real quick not to go over there.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom