need answers on chicken questions? get nearly all your chicken questions answered right here right n

Brahmas are more prone to broodiness than some breeds. If you want to break her of being broody, try locking her out of the nestbox or wherever she is setting. Make sure she gets enough food and water. Some Broodies are so persistent they'll starve.

Thanks. That was my thought as well. I am not sure she's getting enough to eat or drink. I've gone back to work and am unable to check her during the day like I used to. I will put a door over her nest area. She's pretty persistent. If anyone else has any thoughts on this I would appreciate it. Thanks Silkiecuddles!!

Thanks.  That was my thought as well.   I am not sure she's getting enough to eat or drink.   I've gone back to work and am unable to check her during the day like I used to.   I will put a door over her nest area.  She's pretty persistent.  If anyone else has any thoughts on this I would appreciate it.  Thanks Silkiecuddles!!
You're welcome. :)
Pick her up and feel her. If they're being super broody persistent then it should be obvious if they're not eating enough.

Glad to help. Anytime! :D

Does anyone here know about incubating eggs? I'm about a week and a half out from hatching. Lockdown or no? When do I take the upper tray that turns the eggs out? I am new to this.
I can help a bit.
Chicken eggs? Lockdown is day 18, you stop turning and remove the turning tray. What kind of incubator?

Originally Posted by trinityhens View Post

Thanks. That was my thought as well. I am not sure she's getting enough to eat or drink. I've gone back to work and am unable to check her during the day like I used to. I will put a door over her nest area. She's pretty persistent. If anyone else has any thoughts on this I would appreciate it. Thanks Silkiecuddles!!

Thanks again Silkiecuddles. I covered her loft nest area yesterday evening. For the first time in about a month, she was out with the other hens this morning. Of course she had a little arrogant air about her. Sitting on the highest perch in the outside run area and prancing about. But she was trying to socialize with the other girls!!

Thanks again Silkiecuddles. I covered her loft nest area yesterday evening. For the first time in about a month, she was out with the other hens this morning. Of course she had a little arrogant air about her. Sitting on the highest perch in the outside run area and prancing about. But she was trying to socialize with the other girls!!
lol.png
Good! Sounds like she's gradually being broken of broodiness.

Back
Top Bottom