Need Egg Pictures for Egg Color Chart.

Sebright

36671_p2260495.jpg

Love your project

ohmygosh I LOVE your egg chart!! I've always wanted to see real examples of eggs from each breed.
celebrate.gif

Thanks
Although I have ONE critic comment on it - The Marans example are no where near as dark as most Black Copper eggs I've seen - You need to show some better ones.
smile.png
(sorry to whoever's eggs I may have insulted when saying that. . .
hide.gif
)

As I say there hatchery birds eggs are lighter (the 2nd picture is from my CMs from Ideal) but anyone is welcome to give me a nice dark egg picture for marans.
Also, for the Jersey Giants - Ask Wynette.

Is that their username? I'll see what I can do.
Oh, and you don't have Shamo on that list - Some people may want to know about them. . . Like me.
lol.png

I'll add them, do you know what color they lay?

Sebright

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/36671_p2260495.jpg

Thank-You!!!!
Love your project

Thanks!

The new list:

Here is the list:
White Layers:
Crevecoeurs
Holland
Houdan
La Fleche
Sultan
Sumatra

Cream or tinted Layers:
Catalanas
Cubalaya
Redcap
Rosecomb
Yokohama

Brown Layers:
Buckeye
Dutch Bantam
Java
Malay
Turken
Jersey Giant​

Last edited:
Yes, Wynette is her username.
smile.png
She also has some really good photos of DARK marans eggs, ask for the photo she uses to advertise Adamson Acres.
smile.png
Oh, and who's Cream Legbar egg is that? PLEASE tell me it is in the U.S.
bow.gif
bow.gif

Yes, Wynette is her username.
smile.png
She also has some really good photos of DARK marans eggs, ask for the photo she uses to advertise Adamson Acres.

I'll contact them.
Oh, and who's Cream Legbar egg is that? PLEASE tell me it is in the U.S.

Check out my old thread for the chart they are some where on there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=118744

Here are the darkest Marans (French Black Copper variety) I've had on my farm - taken without flash:

BevsMaranseggs.jpg

Here's another bloodline of Marans (French Black Copper) taken with a flash - they are actually very close to the same color as the ones above, but the flash really washes them out:

FitzFarmseggs.jpg

The egg on the left is one of my Jersey Giant eggs...seems I don't have any "Jersey only" eggs:

1stSPReggw-oliveegg-1.jpg

I recently hatched Jerseys from a different bloodline, and they are just a bit darker than mine.

What a fun project!

Thank you Wynette! I add the pictures to the chart and that takes a breed off my list.

Here is the list:

White Layers:
Crevecoeurs
Holland
Houdan
La Fleche
Sultan
Sumatra

Cream or tinted Layers:
Catalanas
Cubalaya
Redcap
Rosecomb
Yokohama

Brown Layers:
Buckeye
Dutch Bantam
Java
Malay
Turken

Hey Cat,

I have Black Dutch Bantams, but they lay white eggs, not brown. Well, one of them lays eggs that are a little more cream than white, but still nowhere near brown. I can get pictures if you'd like.

You know, I meant to give you updated Buttercup pictures ... so here they are (I now have three, so these are from yesterday--one each)

bok1.JPG

Here they are next to a jumbo barred rock

bok2.JPG

Last edited:
You know, I meant to give you updated Buttercup pictures ... so here they are (I now have three, so these are from yesterday--one each)

Thanks replaced the old picture!
Hey Cat,

I have Black Dutch Bantams, but they lay white eggs, not brown. Well, one of them lays eggs that are a little more cream than white, but still nowhere near brown. I can get pictures if you'd like.

Thanks changed it on the chart and yes please!​

Back
Top Bottom