Need Frizzle Advice ASAP

crazyfeathers

Songster
6 Years
Aug 24, 2013
Auburndale, Wi
Hi,
I am going to feed my chicken addiction again and purchase some more chicks. The lady has frizzle chicks but the chicks are less than a week old, is there any way for me to choose the frizzle chicks and not the astrolorps, EE, or production reds "besides the obvious" ? Any help would be appreciated, I plan on getting at least 12 so I have 12 chances lol. Thanks everyone. Maybe if anyone has pictures of americauna/frizzle or production reds/frizzle chicks that could help.

At a week old its pretty impossible to pick what will be a normal feathered chick and a frizzled chick.... Sorry I don't know what they will look like once they mature ( I only have polish, Silkie and Sussex frizzles) however at that young age the feathering wont show what they will be . even when breeding frizzles there is only a 50/50 chance of getting frizzled offspring if both parents carry the gene so many could be 'plain' . besides you cant really sex them at a week, in my opinion I would wait till they are older/ purchase some that are older when you can tell what they will be and or even older as to what gender they are.

I found an old pic that might help. All 4 of the chicks on the right are frizzles.

Thank you Dipsy! I checked their feathers like you said and sure enough I could tell, I'm so excited!!! Thanks for giving me good information, now 6 months of waiting lol.

Back
Top Bottom