Does everyone stress ordering chicks the first time 😱

Yeah, as long as they have chick grit. I personally just don't like introducing treats other than grass and wet chick feed until they get a bit older but a mealworm or 2 won't hurt them, just don't overdo it as they really do need to mostly be eating their chick feed

Look at these cuties. How long do baby chicks stay under their mama? My hen has not gotten up to walk around since I gave them to her. They have come out here and there but are mostly snuggles in and under sleeping. The other crew (in a separate area) with the heat lamp seem more active. Should I be concerned? Meet Pickles and her babes 🤗

Attachments

• IMG_9410.jpeg
    IMG_9410.jpeg
    489.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9409.jpeg
    IMG_9409.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 11
Yeah, as long as they have chick grit. I personally just don't like introducing treats other than grass and wet chick feed until they get a bit older but a mealworm or 2 won't hurt them, just don't overdo it as they really do need to mostly be eating their chick feed
But it’s ok for them to eat whatever is on the ground in the grass/dirt right? I don’t have grit specifically but the run is dirt.

Yes, but please buy chick grit as soon as possible. Without it they'll get an impacted crop if they eat something besides their chick feed
Is this true for all ages? I have a sand run for our hens and thought that provided grit… they also don’t free range but they have a run that’s mostly dirt with some patches of grass.

Back
Top Bottom