Need help coming up with a new Email Address

BookWorm243

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Franklin, NC
When I was 9 I got my first email account with Yahoo. At the time I LOVED horses ( what little girl doesn't love horses, though
smile.png
), so my email is Luvpalmino2. I am now 15 and I'm tired of people looking at me and saying, what is your email??? So I am wanting to create a new one but I can't come up with one. I love Reading, Gardening, Hiking, Knitting, Baking, and Animals. Any Ideas??
big_smile.png

Thank You!!

You probably need at least 2 at your age.
First, you will need one for official business as you get to graduation and beyond. That's not so far away and you don't want colleges or hiring comapnies emailing to lilpig@ whereever. You get my drift? Find a businesslike one that will last a good long time because emails will haunt you forever. firstinitial.lastname+number you can remember @ whereever would work Use for official business.
With that out of the way, feel free to create one that you can imagine living with when you are 25 to use for CLOSE friends and family or FACEBOOK and other sites.
Just a reminder, employers these days DO check FB sites before hiring. Act accordingly.

What THC said. What seems cute now will make you feel really stupid in a few years. Have a grown up address that uses your name. You will want to use that for job applications and college applications. Have something less specific for your private account, but be really careful about the phrasing. It will follow you forever.

Facebook can be a death trap when applying for jobs and colleges. Do not put anything on there that you wouldn't want your boss/mother/grandmother/preacher/ etc to see. Once it is out there it is there forever. Stupid statements and pictures WILL come back to haunt you.

I started out in the world of emailing with an email that was pretty much just my name. I hated it, and wanted to make something more interesting, because back then everyone had "cool" emails. But I'm glad for this sort of formal address now. These days, I use my school email for everything formal, works a treat, looks professional-ish.
What about your first name and a number of some significance to you. That way people won't stare at you weirdly, but there'll still be interesting stories to tell when someone asks you what your email means. :)

Thank You everyone!

I already have what you could call a formal email address. This one it for my Buisness, I pet sit
smile.png

I was wanting to come up with a personal email that only me friends would use. That way I can keep personal and buisness apart. I just can't seem to come up with one, lol

Yes I know facebook can be a real problem. While I do have one I am hardly ever on it. That said, I am very carful of what I put on there. The other day while we were window shopping I took a picture of what I tought was a very funny sign. But I knew not to post it on Facebook as not everyone has my sense of humor and I don't want to offend anyone.

Back
Top Bottom