Need Help for Baby Chick

DA in AZ

Chirping
Apr 28, 2020
My baby isn’t well. This morning she was fine then all of a sudden in her brooder she started chirping and running in circles. I cupped her in my hands to calm her then released her. She continues to run in circles then she stopped to lay down on her side. I picked her up and she was very limp with her head cocked to the side with one eye shut. When I put her down again she was really off balance and not able to stand. I wrapped her in a towel and All she wants to do is sleep. If I wake her she starts to thrash around until I calm her again. I gave her some drops of Save A Chick. Is anyone able to tell me what is going on with her? I can’t find any answers online.

Hello, and welcome! I'm in Az. to. How old is she? What is the brooder temp at? What type of bulb do you have in your lamp? Is she eating and drinking?
Thanks for responding so quickly. I am in Buckeye, what part of Az? My babies all came in the mail last Thursday from the hatchery thru Tractor Supply. I am not sure how old they are. Today, when the baby started running in circles, I had them all outside on my porch with me. I was watching the temp, it was 90 degrees. They were all doing great, eating and drinking.

Back
Top Bottom