Need help to find a baby duck

Edlyn

In the Brooder
Jan 6, 2020
Hey! My name it’s Edlyn and I live in Irving Texas. I have always wanted a baby duck. If someone know we’re I can buy one near me or have one on sale please contact me.

Last edited:
I agree. Someone once texted in reply to a lost chicken ad I posted on CL that they enjoyed eating my chicken, an expensive silver lace English Orpington. That said, I have Khaki Campbell ducks and can ship across state lines because I have NPIP certification. I have never shipped anything, not even an egg, and I wouldn't ship a duckling, but I would ship an egg or two if nobody else offers. I'm busy right now so there's probably somebody better able to get you what you want. Best wishes!

I would not just get one duckling either. Ducks need friends or they will not be as happy.

Also, be sure to make a plan. You've got to have a place for brooding when they are very young and have to have heat etc. as well as a safe place for when they are fully feathered and can live outside. You have to have a predator-proof house to lock them in at night or they will get taken and you will be very sad.

I would not just get one duckling either. Ducks need friends or they will not be as happy.

Also, be sure to make a plan. You've got to have a place for brooding when they are very young and have to have heat etc. as well as a safe place for when they are fully feathered and can live outside. You have to have a predator-proof house to lock them in at night or they will get taken and you will be very sad.
I plan to have 3 but I can’t even find one.

I plan to have 3 but I can’t even find one.
Read a lot of info on here about ducks if you can first...they are sooooo wonderful, but it’s nice to be prepared for them, because they are messy, and ducklings are smelly poopers too...:). But their fluff makes up for it! I think a good friendly breed to start with is pekin..they are a riot..but apparently khaki Campbell are one of the best layers! Enjoy!!

Back
Top Bottom