Need help with breed and sexing of my chickens

harman

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2015
Perth ,Australia
Hi guys ,new to chicken keeping
,just wondering if anyone could help me figure out the sex and breed of my 6 chickens,
one of them is a silkie but dont know what sex is it ,thanks

It looks like you have to Gold Laced Wynndotte pullets and a Dominique. The two white ones I'm not sure about their breeds but one is looking like a cockerel and the other a pullet. Where did you get them? None of them look like Silkies.

You have an obvious Dominique, Golden Laced Wyandotte, and Barnevelder, all of which look female. Your white ones could be several things, although body and comb tell me something simple and a bit stocky, like a Plymouth Rock. You seem to have both a cockerel and pullet of those. I can't hardly see the Silkie in any of these photos, you'll have to post some closer shots of its face and body.

EDIT: Just noticed the feathers on the leg of the "Dominique". I'd say she's actually a cross, or possibly Cuckoo Marans with an incorrect comb.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for replying .
I got them from a lady who hatches eggs and sells them unsexed, I should have bought seed chicks, would have been a lot easier . So the black mixed one , could it be a cockrel or is it a hen ?
Thanks

I can barely see part of the white silkie and only in one photo at the bottom. I can see the behind of one bird and it looks like a frizzle. Who knows what the rest of the bird is like. Group shots are much more confusing than a solo photo of the birds. Clearest- best photos = most accurate assessment - we can't see in person - photos have to be the next BEST thing.

Back
Top Bottom