Need help with Colors (again)

Duck_life

Duck Addict
May 14, 2019
Woods of PA
Okay so pair #1: Both produce normals or black white flighted babies. That's ALL they've ever produced for me... well to be fair they've only thrown me 6 babies but still 😂. It seems their one baby is turning white?? Like, not sure how to explain it (you'll see in the photos)
Snapchat-1425018589.jpg

(Pair 1)
Snapchat-1083888679.jpg

Baby's feathering
Snapchat-859881596.jpg

Pair #2: Have produced dilutes the first batch (which I posted here for before!), non dilutes this time but I'm still confused on what the color would be. They really don't have dad or mom's color (also wanting to know if the bar will be a bronze bar 🫢)
Snapchat-440199764.jpg

Pair #2

Snapchat-308322216.jpg

Babies (excuse the mess, I'd rather not take the chances of them abandoning the nest just for cleaning it) you can see the one getting some barring..
Snapchat-1856737095.jpg

Photos from yesterday of the smaller babies feathers.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm still learning color and genetics, I've been using the pigeon genetics calculator but I'm not finding it too easy 😂.

Pair #1 looks like a pied blue t-check and a blue grizzle, possibly a pied blue grizzle. That could explain the varying amounts of white in the offspring. I believe grizzle is often recessive? So the white flighted babies could be from the less white pied parent. I’m not an expert on pigeon genetics though.

@Amer

Back
Top Bottom