Need help

this is what you can do, candle it to see the air sac, t
mark it with a pencil, make a zip there with a sterile tip of a screw, you have better grip with them and only take the shell . if you see blood stop and return it to the bator, if not take that cap off and wrap it in a warm moist paper towel

if it is strong enough , yes. there are two membranes you only want the first one . the second is where you may see little blood veins. if they are active and not receded , then its not ready and sometimes eggs take 24 hrs to hatch but not this long after it starts to zip. i hope you have good luck. i have hatched a few this way and i love it but sometimes its not a good outcome.

i agree with the wait thing but it has piped and did a little zip more then 24 hrs ago and no movement as far as turning in the shell. and i am guessing bantam?? the pip looks too far down to suit me. possible wrong position? i am no expert, thats for sure.

i agree with the wait thing but it has piped and did a little zip more then 24 hrs ago and no movement as far as turning in the shell. and i am guessing bantam?? the pip looks too far down to suit me. possible wrong position? i am no expert, thats for sure.
I have had many zip out of the pointy end--I wouldn't be overly concerned with pip location. I really feel your best bet is let it be--some take forever to hatch but helping does not usually turn out well.

well i sure dont want to steer her wrong i will defer to you. what about the moist towel, does it look dry to you?
smile.png
please let me know how it goes.

Granny, I surely did not mean to contradict you--nor offend you. I just think because it pipped early at day 19 and is now sitting, it just isn't ready. The pip hole looks pretty good, not too huge, but it is a little dry. A wet paper towel sounds good-- but I've never done it before because I wonder how well they can breath through it. I have wet my finger and rubbed over the pip gently. Lots of folks say to put the wet towel over it--but what is your take then on their ability to breath well with that covering their air hole? I have read at length that air flow and good oxygen is extremely important for the pipped and zipping chick.

I quit trying to help I'm not sure about what blood is bad. This is what it looked like when I quit. Any blood there was there before I perked the shell. I made sure I didn't puncture the membrane but some pats the shell came easy off others it was stuck and I didn't want to pry. Is there anything I should do before I go to bed? I put the moist paper towel under the egg but I'm afraid it's been drying out for awhile.

I also candled with a flashlight but couldn't find an air pocket it was all dark

Back
Top Bottom