Need help

big_smile.png
your not offending me i meant what i said i defer to you because im not good at it. i told her my eyes are not that good. i use paper towels moistened and wraped loosely. they can breath ok. i am sorry if i made you feel like i was mad i am happy for someone to step in. i even went looking for someone that knew more then me.
hugs.gif

big_smile.png
your not offending me i meant what i said i defer to you because im not good at it. i told her my eyes are not that good. i use paper towels moistened and wraped loosely. they can breath ok. i am sorry if i made you feel like i was mad i am happy for someone to step in. i even went looking for someone that knew more then me.
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif
hugs.gif

So does it look like I should do anything else? Think it'll be ok over night?

I quit trying to help I'm not sure about what blood is bad. This is what it looked like when I quit. Any blood there was there before I perked the shell. I made sure I didn't puncture the membrane but some pats the shell came easy off others it was stuck and I didn't want to pry. Is there anything I should do before I go to bed? I put the moist paper towel under the egg but I'm afraid it's been drying out for awhile.
It may have difficulty coming out normally now that so much shell is gone.

well hun, it looks good to me. just wrap that moist towel all around it. you have enough shell off for it to finish and it looks ready. it also looks pretty dry. however you get it wet towel, finger , just keep the water away from the nose. its not going to hurt the chick to get wet. as long as it can breath. so drop some water around the edges of the shell on the membrane ,away from the beak and then wrap it in the wet towel leaving it loose and off the nose and give it a bit. it will come the rest of the way on its own.

how many more eggs do you have ? if that one is that dry they probably all are. do you have a hydrometer in there? i have used kitchen sponges and cut them into strips , wet them and laid them around the eggs. have to rewet them every few hrs. humidity on the window of your bator is ok and make sure the vent is open for extra air.

There's 6 more in there besides that one only 1 has fully hatched so far the humidity is reading 70% there were 8 all together 1 other has a small pip and another has rocked a few times. So I should wet the membrane again before bed and wrap the paper towel over the top of the exposed area or just up the sides?

Back
Top Bottom