Need help

wrap it over the exposed sides too. it is really dry. in the morning , if it still hasnt hatched , you may have to finish it yourself but i dont look for it. if you do, you will wet it again and where it made its pip in the second membrane, you will want to stretch that over the chick. again working slow and if you see any active bleeding the put it back and wait a couple hrs. i truely hope it goes well for you. i would hate to think that i caused its death. i am not the best at this, i am just speaking from personal experience. most people wont help a hatch because if the chick was strong enough to survive it would of been strong enough to hatch. i just dont look at it that way. tumbleweed farms probably has more exp. at this then i do. she just caught us late. please let me know how it goes.
fl.gif

It's really active as far as its head/beak and I can see movement towards the bigger part of the egg I'm just afraid it's too big it can't turn or something and that it's stuck just don't know if I leave it will it dry out?? Even with paper towel on it?

did you put a couple drops of water down there on the sides? do the sponges too. it will hold it for about 4-5 hrs. with all that remember , they have 2 days worth of food on their belly. so if its dried out again in the morning just repeat.

Ok this morn it's still alive and had a way bigger hole pretty much the side of the shell gone. I reset a paper towel to put around it cause the other one had some yellow on it and when I looked inside this egg it's leg is kicking towards the small end of the egg so I don't know if it nicked the yolk sac or is it common to have some yellow in it? When I looked towards the small end I could see something white/string looking so I just re wrapped the egg since I can't tell about the yolk sac if its absorbed yet or not. I know it's a feisty little thing cause it kept kicking its leg this morning but it was coming out of the hole so do you think when I get home from work should I go ahead and take it out of the shell if its still alive?

I did the same thing. He wasn't doing much just yelling a lot. Pulled back some shelloistened as you said, pulled back some embrace. Let him to his m and voila Baby there. Mine turned out fine. Hope the same for you. It was my first experience too and all here were very helpful.
1f423.png

Back
Top Bottom