Need ideas for xmas

feather and mountain man

Corn fed Indiana farmgirl
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. She loves fashion, horses, music, and video games. But I need a big gift idea not small ideas. I am looking for the big gift.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
my daughter is 9 and is in love with squinkies... we just bought her the play set.. is was about $60...

what about an ipod touch you can get an 8G for about $150
nintendo DSI...

my daughter just said a TV in her room... @ walmart they had a 19" for 149

if you want fashion things... the only thing i can think of is a mall gift certificate because then she can get what she wants fashion wise..

Last edited:
when I was 10 all I wanted was a horse...
so maybe $150 worth of riding lessons?
although in MO right now you can GET a horse for $150
hmm.png

Quote:
my daughter is 9 and is in love with squinkies... we just bought her the play set.. is was about $60...

what about an ipod touch you can get an 8G for about $150
nintendo DSI...

my daughter just said a TV in her room... @ walmart they had a 19" for 149

if you want fashion things... the only thing i can think of is a mall gift certificate because then she can get what she wants fashion wise..

I would go with a dsi or ipod touch. Riding lessons are a good idea too.

I don't know... I don't think I'd spend the money on an electronic item. It doesen't create lasting memories, it doesen't teach a kid anything.... and it will surely be broken before her next birthday.

At that age.. if I were a parent... I'd be thinking of spending what I had in a way that would bring the child and parent closer together and create nice memories before the kid reaches the teen years
roll.png
lol.png

If she likes horses, what about tickets to something special... like the Lippazaner stallions or one of the many other amazing exhibitions that might be coming through your area. Spending a special night just her and her folks would be a long lasting memory. Especially with a meal after to talk about the show.

Or the riding lessons are a great idea too!

There are also Butterfly gardens... picnics... a real painting of horses...

if she does horse riding already,what about a decent riding hat or skull-as the quality makes all the difference,plus they are supposed to be replaced every few years anyway.
or a riding body protector,riding boots,some quality clothing like joules stuff which can be worn at any time...

if there are any big equestrian superstores around like we have over here,coud always change the money into a gift voucher from the shop and put it in a nice horse themed card so she can go and spend it on whatever she wants; horsey style.

there are many equestrian themed computer games,but unfortunately they are crap,the japanese market is the only one that really gives a darn about equestrianism but am not sure if their games woud work on an american console-though they are NTSC as well.

While it isn't just for her but depending on the size of your family....My husband and I just went to the Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge Tn and have to say it was awesome!!! Was well worth what we spent and will be be back. So if you ever do a fall or winter get away it would be awesome.

I'm sure she hasn't bought everything she could ever need horsey related... that's an endless list!
lol.png

What about a really nice set of brushes? What about some training books... make her read for her Xmas present
lol.png
tongue.png

I'd be punishing her for the cash request... LOLOL! Like Lots & Lots of time with parents
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom