Need new ideas for canning pickles

Jlw0903

Songster
Jul 2, 2019
Today I just processed and canned 7-10lbs of pickling cucumbers and I have that much if not more that I picked today at least. Needless to say, I don't need anymore pickle relish, dill pickles or bread and butter pickles (or spicy variation of the above). Does anyone have any good recipes for pickling cucs?

Have you ever done lacto fermentation?

Also, you can do a salsa

Creamy cucumber salad, goes great with some new potatoes, and grilled pork or chicken.
Don't even know what lacto fermentation is. Is that like when you make hot sauce?
Never don't a cucumber salsa... Got a recipe?

And a creamy salad is on my to make list!

Lacto fermentation is when you do 5% salt brine with your cucs for a week at room temperature and then you can can or refrigerate. Try it with a small batch, it has a totally different flavor profile. The new and improved Ball canning book has some great lacto recipes.

Salsa is also easy, equal parts cucumber and tomatoes, and then you can do different variations, bell pepper, cilantro and red onion with lime for southwestern flavor, or with basil and balsamic vinegar for an Italian flair. And then the classic with dill and a little garlic or red onion.

Back
Top Bottom