Need Quick Answers!

MrChickMagnet

In the Brooder
Jan 19, 2016
First time incubator hatcher here! Everything I've read says to not assist chick from breaking out of egg shell. Eggs are on day 22 and I have two eggs that the chick has cracked through. Both eggs have been broken for 36 hours and the chicks have made little progress in the last 24 hours. One egg appears that the membrane is not attached to the shell of the egg but is wrapped around the chick.

At what point do I begin helping the little feller out? We already have their names picked out and I sure don't want to sit here and watch it not make it because articles say not to help...

Last edited:

I can have a better pic in about 30 mins. This is a pic of the egg that the membrane appears to be separated from the shell and wrapping the chick.

Looks like it started low, maybe even upside down. Not knowing what's going on with the rest of the eggs, and if its still actively trying, you could at least moisten that membrane and see if you could find the beak.

There's a chance the chick has a problem, so be prepared that it could end up special needs before you go in.

Back
Top Bottom