Need Silkie Experts Help With Weird Colored Silkie Chicks!!!!!! PICS

horseshoecreekranch

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2009
Hi,
Was wondering if any Silkie breeders can help us figure out what these chicks are. They are coming out of our BBS pen. I have only had 3 ever hatch like this. Does anybody else ever hatch these out of their BBS pens and what do they feather out to look like? Thank You very much for any help. We appreciate it!!!

Chick A
35387_silkie_a2.jpg

35387_silkie_a.jpg

35387_silkie_a3.jpg

35387_silkie_a4.jpg

35387_silkie_a5.jpg

Chick B
35387_silkie_b.jpg

35387_silkie_b2.jpg

35387_silkie_b3.jpg

Chick C
35387_silkie_c.jpg

35387_silkie_c2.jpg

35387_silkie_c3.jpg

By far, I am NOOOO Silkie expert, but what about Silver Partridge? Whatever it is, it has the MAJOR CUTE factor going on there!
big_smile.png

Quote:
We did not have our porcelain project pen set up at that time. I know for a fact these chicks are out of our BBS pen. We are very good at labeling all of our eggs.

Quote:
I'm no silkie expert either but the coloring is very similar to my salmon Fav pullets (which look the same as wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas)...

Quote:
I'm no silkie expert either but the coloring is very similar to my salmon Fav pullets (which look the same as wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas)...

Thats what I was thinking because you see little white tips on the wings and that is indicative of a color like that....but no 100% just a hunch

Thanks everybody for the feedback on these chicks!! Im going to hang on to them and see what they turn out to look like.

Back
Top Bottom