Silkie chick color

Chikitty

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2024
I'm curious what you think. I wound up with this little silkie (Long story of how that came to be) I do not know what color its parents are. It looked like cute little yellowish chick when I got it at 2 days old.
Three weeks later....The color in this photo is horrible and it looks like it is getting yellow stripes on its back but all of those yellow markings are actually a dark tan color. Any idea of what color it might be when it gets older?

Attachments

• 20240416_071442.jpg
    20240416_071442.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 16
It is probably buff, though the description of a dark tan color would not line up with that. Could you get a better picture so I know what you mean?

It is probably buff, though the description of a dark tan color would not line up with that. Could you get a better picture so I know what you mean?
Thank you. It turns out that the little one had been wet, it is lighter color now that I've gotten it all blow dried. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, it was sitting under the nipple waterer and the nipple leaked water on its back.
Yes, I have changed the nipple on the waterer and moved its location so it doesn't drip freely and the chick cannot get underneath the area when others are drinking.
So, now I'm thinking it is buff too. ;)

Back
Top Bottom