Need some advice on what is wrong with my rooster

I know, I’m really trying to get him to eat, he just always calls for the girls to get the food once I bring it to him and if I take him elsewhere he will panic because he can’t get to the flock so it’s a pretty Tricky quest but, when he wakes up I will give him more food😊🤞🏻
I understand, maybe load up a platter from the hens too that way everyone gets some.

UPDATE: I gave the rooster some more chick food while he was alone, he didn’t eat much but it seemed to have helped a lot, he is now up,eating and acting like nothing ever happened😊

UPDATE: I gave the rooster some more chick food while he was alone, he didn’t eat much but it seemed to have helped a lot, he is now up,eating and acting like nothing ever happened😊
That's great! What I've noticed with my rooster is he doesn't really eat much, he's always on alert for predators. When I separate him from the flock ( put him out of the run) so he can see the hens but not be with them he eats more and actually rests. Maybe try that once or twice a week so he can gain his strength back.

Just a thought ❤️

That's great! What I've noticed with my rooster is he doesn't really eat much, he's always on alert for predators. When I separate him from the flock ( put him out of the run) so he can see the hens but not be with them he eats more and actually rests. Maybe try that once or twice a week so he can gain his strength back.

Just a thought ❤️
great idea, I will definitely try that as he is always on alert😊

Back
Top Bottom