Need some advice on what is wrong with my rooster

Apr 17, 2022
Denmark
Hello everyone, my whole flock has been very unlucky lately and they have just gone rid of blood sucking mites
but yesterday my rooster started acting weird, not really any energy and he did not crow as much as he normally does.
Today I found him in the nesting boxes just laying and his poops are really green.
What could be wrong with him?
He is 1 year and getting feed with 18,7% protein
IMG_9077.jpeg

Yeah, green poop means that there is little to no food in their digestive tract, basically. If those foods don't perk him up there may be something else wrong and you may need to start looking deeper into other things that may be causing loss of appetite.

Yeah, green poop means that there is little to no food in their digestive tract, basically. If those foods don't perk him up there may be something else wrong and you may need to start looking deeper into other things that may be causing loss of appetite.
Thank you for the answer, I will try to get him to eat tomorrow and if he doesn’t want to I will check him to see if I can find a solution or a cause of his loss in appetite😊

How's he doing?
He is doing about the same as yesterday, I did get some food and water in him today but he is still not feeling great.
I did an examination of him and he doesn’t have lice,mites,bumble foot or anything wrong with him that you can see with your eye.
I unfortunately get home really late in the evening so I can’t really make sure he eats all the time but tomorrow I will give him some more food with some herbs in it that might help a little bit😊🤞🏻

He really needs to eat, they can die pretty quickly once their poo turns green like that.
I know, I’m really trying to get him to eat, he just always calls for the girls to get the food once I bring it to him and if I take him elsewhere he will panic because he can’t get to the flock so it’s a pretty Tricky quest but, when he wakes up I will give him more food😊🤞🏻

Back
Top Bottom