Need some idea to keep my broiler healthy

Lin_0330

Songster
Apr 9, 2018
London, UK
I have one broiler. The eggs which I brought from called them Ross Cobb. Not quite sure what that is. I actually got 12 eggs but my incubator broke down and only one survived. When there is only one, it becomes special and makes me really hard to eat it. She looks like a she and is currently living happily with my other young girls. They are all 8 weeks old eating chick crumb, vegetables, cooked rice, corns, seeds and mealworm.
I know broiler will eat themselves to death so I only put limited food outside and no food during the night.
Has anybody ever kept meat chicken as pet? Or have any idea what is best food to feed to broilers in order to keep them weight down. I don't mind if she doesn't lay eggs, I just want her to be healthy and happy. She is a very sweet girl and I want her to live as long as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    806.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    391.2 KB · Views: 11
I have read about people having broilers that they keep for long periods of time, even pasturing them. I think the secret would be to limit their food so that they don't put on weight too fast for their bones and internal organs to handle. Perhaps being with your regular layers will motivate her to be more active. Keep an eye on her and make sure she can safely get up in the coop at night.

Back
Top Bottom