Need to get my frugal on

Quote:
I did that too. I'd be careful though. We now are about to lose the $105K house we only owe half of.....I'd bank a bundle. You never know what's next in this economy or how long it's going to be unstable.

Absolutely right! We don't sink everything into paying this off. Just the extra we can afford after all needs are met.
A chip here and a chunk there helps save so much!

Quote:
I did that too. I'd be careful though. We now are about to lose the $105K house we only owe half of.....I'd bank a bundle. You never know what's next in this economy or how long it's going to be unstable.

Absolutely right! We don't sink everything into paying this off. Just the extra we can afford after all needs are met.
A chip here and a chunk there helps save so much!

thumbsup.gif

dot n'dave :

Look for the book, The Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyczyn. There are some crazy frugal ideas in there!
Also, don't do things you fed into doing. IE: Eating fast food, buying everything instead of making it, and think "green!"

This is a great book. It's got great recipes in it, too.​

I like dave ramsey. I have read a lot of finance books and his is one of my favorites..

I also like using the envelope method of budgeting. You make a budget then put cash in envelopes (other than bills you write a check for or pay online). Then you can't overspend on groceries, eating out, etc because all you have is X amount! This is a little flexible as you can borrow from one catagory or if you have excess (say your utilities were $80 this month and you budget $100).

The Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey didn't do anything for me. I just finished reading The Divide by Matt Taibbi. I am so mad at bankers! I will not give them any more money than I absolutely have to! I am now motivated!!

The Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey didn't do anything for me. I just finished reading The Divide by Matt Taibbi. I am so mad at bankers! I will not give them any more money than I absolutely have to! I am now motivated!!

It took you FOUR YEARS to get motivated??
lau.gif
I just spewed iced tea all over my computer!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom