Need to get rid of TWO chickens in the Colorado Springs area

theOliverofarm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 9, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Hi, I believe I have just had some bad luck with an aggresive flock. We bought three adult chickens from a flock (where 40 birds have been killed because of aggression). We have culled the most aggresive one and separated the last two. One had been hurt pretty bad, but she is SO SWEET. She is my favorite chicken ever. She is an Orpington and so funny and sweet. I want her to go to a good home, but she is easily, easily bullied. She is currently healing up in a kennel in my garage. She looks pretty pathetic, but still sweet and perky as ever. She is an awesome egg layer. I believe she would do alright on her own to someone who could give her some TLC.

The other one is a Red Star. It's not that she is aggressive, just not a good combination with the already bullied and pecked at Orpington. She is a great egg layer.

Both are only a year old! I need two kind hearted people to take them. I refuse to sell them to someone who will not treat them well. I will cull them instead if needed. We are getting 5 new chicks next week.

Back
Top Bottom