need to lose some weight

pringle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Pepperell,MA
Hi, all, summer vac for me just started and im goin to 8th grade.I have 2 months to lose some wieght and im up to anything to do it.My mom said she will buy me anything I want to stay healthy.She wont have to prepare the foods becouse I inherited her awesom cooking skills.Ive gotton fatter over 7th grade and I just dont feel right.Im not looking to get super strong but to just get thinner.Do any of you no any dietplans for a 13 year old boy?I know I cant just stop eating becouse im still growing but Ide just like to lose weight.oh and if this helps id like to lose somewere around 20 pounds.

well, I don't know that you should be dieting... my sister was a bit chubby around your age - she's thin now (she just turned 17). Anway, my 'diet' is to try to only eat local foods. Which means going to the farmers markets and buying fresh fruits and veggies, local pasture-raised meat and eggs, and buying raw milk. If you stay away from having processed food in your house and acutally make full meals you'll find yourself snacking on 'junk' less b/c 1. it's not there and 2. if you want a snack you'll have to take the time to make something. Besides being very healthy for your body it's also healthy for the environment and your community.
smile.png

If you still a growing boy u will grow into your weight u will get taller just dont gain anymore and u should be fine

Just wait till your hormones kick in. When you shoot up and start building muscle you will get leaner. 13 years old is not a good age to diet, maybe change your eating habits though. I personally don't drink my calories, I save my calorie intake for food only. NO SODA. Also stay away from fast food and set a cut off time for eating in the early evening. No late meals or snack before bed. I use Fitday.com its a free online food journal and track all my food and I've lost 180lb since Jan 2008 using it and exercise.

Buddy, your still a young, growin boy, and unless ya look like jabba the hut, ya dont need to be dietin. At 13, you've still got a lot of growin, trust me you'll grow into it. But, if ya want to get lean and muscely, instead of dietin why dont ya work on a ranch doin somethin? You can eat just about all ya want and still be skinny, and get some pretty nice muscle on ya to, and maybe even some cash LOL.

Are you active in sports? Most schools require a "physical" for you to participate, so this would be a good time to visit your family doc and get his advice on whether you need to lose weight or not. You may have a growth spurt soon which will take care of any extra weight you're carrying.

Exercise is always a good idea regardless of your weight. Swimming is a perfect exercise to tone and sculpt your physique.

Depending on what kind of foods you like to cook, you could use this summer to develop your culinary skills around healthy, lean recipes that you can use throughout your life.

Good luck~

Ok guys thx for thx for the info,my mom just said to me that my bro(hes 20 now)use to be even chubbier than me!!And now hes 6.3 and weighs 160 and is very strong.Ill stop worriing but ill stop eating junkfood too.

Good idea.

bit off topic but i think i have spoke to u on Chat b4 i cant remember lol

a good way to lose weight the healthy way is working out like running biking swimming ect and eating healthy like cutting out sugar one pound is 3500 calories and you should eat the weight you want to be x 10 like i want to weigh 120 that would be 1200 calories a day to stay healthy and i bike 3 miles every day. and also you dont have to lose the weight to impress anyone if your doing this for yourself and to be healthier then go for it but what other people think of you shouldnt matter good luck and i hope you get there

Pringle, my ONLY advice is when you feel like eating, think about why you feel like eating.

Are you actually experiencing real hunger pangs, or are you annoyed at somebody or something and want to make yourself feel better somehow.

Only eat when you are actually physically hungry, not when you "want" to eat.

Back
Top Bottom