Need to pick somebodys brain

clap

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
I have a 12V window motor and I need somebody to tell how and what to get to make it go up an down plus limit the travel

Kind of need to know what you will be using it for? And does the motor have two wires or three wires?

guess u got it from junk yard should swicth like in car it will go up or down unlimted has long motor run

It has 2 wires on it . I want to make a door opener on a second chicken coop

2 wire is simple 12v DC + and -

touch the leads to a 12v car (or lawnmower battery) and the arm/motor will move one way, reverse the leads it will go the other way.

most of the window motors have built in current limits that will shut off the motor after a preset limit has been met. This is the way the windows stop rolling up if you catch your arm or fingers in them.

If you dont want to rely on the built in function on the motor then you can choose to use micro switches to limit the travel.

Can somebody either send me or post a wiring dia. for 12v motor using 2 relays to reverse polarity and 2 limit switches to limit door travel and a 12v timer to turn on in the morning and in the evening or tell me where i can find what i need.thanks Clap

Back
Top Bottom