Need urgent help with incubator temperature - Janoel 8-48-

Stripey

In the Brooder
May 31, 2015
Hello,

I am on my second day of using this incubator and I need help. I am hatching duck eggs and I believe I should have the temperature up to 38c but I can't get it any higher than 37.7.

I don't know if it's because I'm doing something wrong or if it's because there's a problem with the incubator.

I've pressed SET, then found CA, then pressed + and increased the number, then pressed SET again . From the instructions I think that's what I'm supposed to do but the temperature just won't increase.

Can anyone help me to change the temperature?

Also, does anyone know how a lower temperature at the start of incubation could affect the eggs ?

If the incubator is at fault , does anyone have any ideas about how to increase the incubator temperature in a different way ?

Looking forward to hearing from someone (quickly if possibly because I'm worried ).

Thanks,

Lower temps lead to late hatches. Could you post the brand and model of your incubator. Maybe put the name of the incubator in your title and others that have the same incubator might reply.

Hello,

I am on my second day of using this incubator and I need help. I am hatching duck eggs and I believe I should have the temperature up to 38c but I can't get it any higher than 37.7.

I don't know if it's because I'm doing something wrong or if it's because there's a problem with the incubator.

I've pressed SET, then found CA, then pressed + and increased the number, then pressed SET again . From the instructions I think that's what I'm supposed to do but the temperature just won't increase.

Can anyone help me to change the temperature?

Also, does anyone know how a lower temperature at the start of incubation could affect the eggs ?

If the incubator is at fault , does anyone have any ideas about how to increase the incubator temperature in a different way ?

Looking forward to hearing from someone (quickly if possibly because I'm worried ).

Thanks,

Have you done step 8 in the instructions, or are you hoping the digital reading is accurate?

8. Place another thermometer inside the unit to compare temperature reading with unit digital reading display.

Hello again,
Thanks a lot for the instructions. They are much clearer than ones I've got. So, yes I'm going back on the steps and have now put a thermometer inside the incubator on top of the eggs. I found that the temperature was 1 1/2°C below that that was on the front. So hopefully this will help sort my problem out. Having said that the temperature is now gone down to 35.7 with all my messing about. And I can't help worrying that I'm making things worse. The alarm keeps going off all the time.

I've decided to leave it alone for half an hour and see if the temperature comes back up.

The trick with many incubators is to let them sit for quite a while and then, if you have to tweak it, make very minute adjustments and wait again.
What kind of thermometer did you add?
Most are notoriously inaccurate.
I found 2 that I really trust.
http://thermoworks.com/products/low_cost/rt301wa.html
http://www.brinsea.com/p-394-spot-check-digital-incubator-thermometer.aspx
Something similar should be available in the EU.
If your thermometer isn't guaranteed accurate, you can calibrate it or, easier yet, use an oral thermometer.

Back
Top Bottom