Needed- Advice *Update & New Pics*

I don't know why they have to take so loong!
barnie.gif
Good luck with your ducklings!! My broody buff duck, Wilma, usually free ranges with my other ducks and chickens on almost an acre... but, right now she only gets off the nest for the occasional swim and snack. As I already said, I have her coop surrounding by a pen with food and a small pool, because she is scared of the chickens when they invade her nest. She is such a good mommy though, she hisses and puffs up when I peer over to check on her
love.gif
I can hardly wait any longer and I dream that her baby has hatched
lau.gif
I just can't wait!!!
barnie.gif
Keep us posted with pics of your duckies when they hatch and I will do the same for you guys!!

Well the reason i asked if she normally free ranged is because she will teach the babby to look for food or she will find food for it, you shouldnt have to worry about it... I will try to post pics when the babies are FINALLY here......your duck is beautiful by the way...
23229_carol_008.jpg

this is my female "bonnie" her mate "clyde" was killed just as she started to go broody...

yeah, I may have to keep her in a pen for a while after the duckling hatches though, because it could fit through the main fencing that surrounds them and our dogs are killers... some of them at least
tongue.gif
But Wilma also has tall grass in her pen and at this time of year, plenty of bugs!
wink.png

Your khaki is beautiful too
love.gif
I can't wait to see your ducklings! What happened to Clyde?! That's so sad
hit.gif
Hope to hear from yoou soon!

i think a coyote got clyde... the neighbor called us when he went by our house while we were at tball practice with our sons and told us there was a coyote in our field..2 days before he was seen was when the ducks started coming up missing.. we have had more than clyde come up missing, we have some ducks out to pasture with our goats and some that free range in the back yard...I found bonnie on her nest and thank God i did, i wired it up like fort knox, and the next day i found some rabbit carcases about 6 feet from her...

ep.gif
I live in Arizona and we have lots of coyotes around us, fortunately our property is fenced in well and all of the dogs in our neighborhood, and our six, keep them away. I am so glad you found Bonnie before something happened! Is Clyde the daddy? That would be pretty cool!
cool.png

they have about 2 weeks left yet.. and its so hot here, i feel bad for bonnie cause she is outside but she is a smart girl and made her nest under a tree.. but still its 95 out there right now....When is your due to hatch again.. you better post some pics of your little fluffy butt too.lol...duckling intoxicaton.. isnt it wonderful...

Hi everyone I just had 4 baby ducklings, to my despair my husband made me take them from momma and bring them in the house for safety reasons. They are still weak in the knees and just as sweet as can be. There are more eggs under momma so I will be keeping my eyes and ears open.

Due date is July 4th
big_smile.png
So 11 more days of torture
he.gif
It's in the 100's here with cloud cover and it's sooo humid! Luckily Wilma is in the "duck coop" and I installed a fan for her and she has a food and water dish within her reach.. she's pretty pampered
wink.png
I will definitely post pics of the fuzzybutt when it hatches! I'm hoping for a girl... but I would be perfectly happy with a drake
love.gif
I'll get some pics of Wilma's setup and hopefully post them later today
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom