Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the suggestions about ways to further annoy your neighbor make me glad none of these people are neighbors of mine. Not everyone enjoys chickens & their noises [& smells]. Doesn't make them crazy. There's that old flies, honey, vinegar thing-we've all heard it. Now I know there are some people you just can't make happy but maybe if you looked for a way to try to work with your neighbor rather than annoy her it would make both your lives easier.

Sorry to hear about your parents! That is indeed stressful enough! Stand your ground! She is a bully and needs some of her own medicine! I'd do it all, get cameras, lights,donkeys, guineas and peafowl! At least with a camera, you would have evidence! I have an awful neighbor too, he rents a room from the house across the street. He has designated himself as the neighborhood watch! Good luck!

Good for you! Head up, chest out!!
It is so hard when you have neighbors like that!!! I had a neighbor who blamed EVERYTHING on one of my dogs...*your dog was barking all day/night: I saw your dog running through my yard: your dog was over here digging holes..etc... He even did this for 8 months AFTER my dog had passed away from cancer. Finally after yet another message on the answering machine of him screaming about my dog, I asked a mutual neighbor to let him know. It finally stopped.

Dont let anyone tell you, you havent done enough to placate this neighbor, sounds like you have been a Saint!
And there is nothing wrong with being a little silly, laughter helps!

All the suggestions about ways to further annoy your neighbor make me glad none of these people are neighbors of mine. Not everyone enjoys chickens & their noises [& smells]. Doesn't make them crazy. There's that old flies, honey, vinegar thing-we've all heard it. Now I know there are some people you just can't make happy but maybe if you looked for a way to try to work with your neighbor rather than annoy her it would make both your lives easier.
hahahaha...it all boils down to live and let live...loosing parents isn't bad enough? Have some compassion ...Spock brings joy...he crows that's what roos do but to be rude about it...well that's just not very country of her...so sour Ole neighbor better just get over it and adjust...that's life....wonder how you'd feel if someone told
you to get rid of your beloved pet..lol

goodpost.gif

I wholeheartedly agree NYREDS. This neighbor of yours obviously has issues. I wouldn't call her crazy - but unreasonable for sure. I would simply install a 6' (or more) privacy fence along that property line (more to block the light from her house than anything) - without painting anything on her side of the fence. No point in poking the bear, it never ends well when you do. Beef up the security around the coop and run - to make sure the chickens can't get out and she can't get in. As for the trash, maybe send her a mental thank you because inevitably it's drawing flies etc. which your chickens are undoubtedly eating. Sure it's ugly, but it's likely also offsetting your feed costs some. Maybe you could keep yours out that way too, along with a compost pile or two to help out the bug population. The more she complains to the neighbors and the city about you the less attention they'll give her. Sooner or later she'll realize she can't bully you and she'll move on. Live your life how you want to live it and she'll just have to go find one of her own. The more passive aggressive you are - the more aggressive she will be until sooner or later you end up with dead critters or worse. So long as you are following the laws for where you live there's nothing she can do. And you'll be able to enjoy your sweet roo's crows all the more knowing you are in the right and she can't do a thing about it. Someone needs to be the grown up in this situation and apparently it's not going to be her.

Yeah NYREDS, some of those people are downright mean!

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
A neighborly day for a beauty.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Won't you please,
Won't you please?
Please won't you be my neighbor?

Won't You Be My Neighbor
By Fred M. Rogers
00a9.png

Good for you! Head up, chest out!! 
It is so hard when you have neighbors like that!!! I had a neighbor who blamed EVERYTHING on one of my dogs...*your dog was barking all day/night: I saw your dog running through my yard: your dog was over here digging holes..etc... He even did this for 8 months AFTER my dog had passed away from cancer. Finally after yet another message on the answering machine of him screaming about my dog, I asked a mutual neighbor to let him know. It finally stopped.

Dont let anyone tell you, you havent done enough to placate this neighbor, sounds like you have been a Saint!
And there is nothing wrong with being a little silly, laughter helps! 
so sorry to read about your dog...that neighbor sounds like a nightmare...your a better person than me..I wouldn't have stood it for 8 months much less 8days...I would have been over at his front door setting him straight...bullies have no respect for anyone ...IV known my share over the years..but IV neverbeen afraid to grab the bull by the horns and stand up for others and myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom