Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also next time she comes out to yell at you about anything just crow as loudly as you can without listening to her or letting her get a word in and just keep crowing, go about your business as you would but keep crowing until she goes back in the house. Tell your husband to do the same. There is no working with this beast of a woman and you shouldn't listen to one more word coming out of her. Just crow so loudly every single time she comes out to squawk at you! And when she cranks her music up, crank up your loop of Spock crowing and crow loudly right along with it all. I can't stop thinking about this absurd woman, I am sorry you have to live next to her.

Psychotic and mean!
This is perfect, not as complicated as the chicken suit, no planning ahead, just do it when she approaches you. You should never try to explain yourself to her, she doesn't care. Look out for yourself from now on, don't take any of her feelings into account, she certainly hasn't done that. You and your DH need to watch out for yourselves.
don't forget to ruffle your hair and flap your wings while you're crowing.

I find it funny(funny strange, not funny haha) that so many people are suggesting behavior that is eerily similar to that of the 'Crazy Lady'.

Such a sad story about such a miserable person.....hope the OP will be able to resolve some level of happy results.

Last edited:
I find it funny(funny strange, not funny haha) that so many people are suggesting behavior that is eerily similar to that of the 'Crazy Lady'.

Too true, I know that it feels great to have all the support but i would worry that if any of the more outrages subjections were followed the "Crazy Lady" would suddenly have all kinds of witnesses in front of the council telling them that it’s really TheSitcomGirls who is the one that is acting crazy.

I know when i had trouble with my 'neighbor' i had a couple neighbors who I could have sworn were very good friends show up and support the nut. They had been guests in my home and I in theirs on more than one occasion.

Perhaps I shouldn't have lost it and screamed at the top of my voice at the crazy sod out in my front yard, ordering him off my property. He showed up and tried to hand deliver, (read that as force me to take) even more legal work. I had started refusing mail deliveries from him and he was trying to force me to take yet another reworded set of legal papers.

Not my best moment but it was a well learned life lesson.

Hi Aart,

I equate it to trying to talk to a drunk. You cannot rationalize with an irrational person. So, this poor lady (Spock's owner) is doing what she can legally to combat her neighbor's craziness and we are just helping to support her with our crazy suggestions. Most of us don't think or expect that she will follow through with the crazy stuff, but it's fun to vent. We're all angry for her sake and hope that her crazy neighbor will soon find something else to fixate upon and leave she and her family alone. Some people just don't have anything better to do, some people are crazy and some people fall into both categories. I think this is where we find the neighbor lady.

I really appreciate the chicken suit (hysterical!!!) and the guineas hens and all the funny (and some slightly nasty!!!) suggestions on what I should do to Crazy Lady. They make me laugh! I need to laugh. I love Spock... He fluffs his feathers and prances around his pen totally unaware of the issues his big voice has caused! He empowers me...I have spent way too much time not doing the things I want to do with my farm because of the Crazy Lady next door!!! And I have seriously considered several of the ideas... but each time DH is the voice of reason. Most recently as we have started looking for our goats I asked, "Why not two goats and a mini donkey instead of three goats?" Livestock protectors! That reasoning did not work... our goat house is built like Fort Knox!!!

DH went and picked up the permit for our 6 foot fence yesterday. He talked for a while with the Town Planner. The planner said that we probably would have gotten our 8 foot fence permit if we just asked for the fence and didn't get into all the craziness next door. Oh well.... it was worth it. She had to sit there and listen to everything and her crazy behavior is now part of the zoning meeting minutes! :)

I really appreciate the chicken suit (hysterical!!!) and the guineas hens and all the funny (and some slightly nasty!!!) suggestions on what I should do to Crazy Lady. They make me laugh! I need to laugh. I love Spock... He fluffs his feathers and prances around his pen totally unaware of the issues his big voice has caused!  He empowers me...I have spent way too much time not doing the things I want to do with my farm because of the Crazy Lady next door!!! And I have seriously considered several of the ideas... but each time DH is the voice of reason. Most recently as we have started looking for our goats I asked, "Why not two goats and a mini donkey instead of three goats?" Livestock protectors!  That reasoning did not work... our goat house is built like Fort Knox!!!

DH went and picked up the permit for our 6 foot fence yesterday. He talked for a while with the Town Planner. The planner said that we probably would have gotten our 8 foot fence permit if we just asked for the fence and didn't get into all the craziness next door. Oh well.... it was worth it. She had to sit there and listen to everything and her crazy behavior is now part of the zoning meeting minutes! :)

As an outsider, I think you should build that fence ASAP, and get on with your own life in the most privacy you can! It's been a nasty struggle that obviously got out of hand, and all you can do is what's best for you now. You tried to take feelings into account, and that wasn't working for her, so now you get to do what works for you!!! Best wishes from here on out!

Good on ya TSG!

You still need to report her every time she blasts the music or any other infraction and get it documented officially to build YOUR case, in the event she'll try to escalate this further than she has.

In spite of all the zany things you COULD do, DH seems to have the right mindset. Just play it straight and let the headcase next door do the work of case building for you.

Glad we could give you a chuckle though. Laughter IS after, the best medicine.

Keep cluckin n crowin on.

I think the hazmat suit plus respirator and head gear. Then walk the fence line with a geiger counter looking worried. Relax and remove protective gear the closer you get to the coop. Repeat daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom