Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You find out you MIGHT be getting your leg pulled. Speculation does not equal proof.

Thats true. Neighbors from Hell do exist and some people opt for ignoring it, moving away, or egging the situation on instead of whatever available legal avenue they have. There's no way to disprove what's being said. Though questioning it is to be expected. People lie and embellish, the internet simply makes it easier for it to happen.

I made a few somewhat unappreciated comments about this Crazy Lady/TheSitcomGirls Saga last summer.....Last week a friend of mine who is a city councilman, totally out of the blue, during a discussion about changing the poultry ordinance in my town/city mentioned this thread...Apparently he had been researching the problems with keeping poultry in areas where neighbors lived close enough to object to crowing roosters and hens cackling.....His wife, a high school English teacher, suggested that since TheSitComGirls is a writer, the whole thread is a novella by installment using real time play acting and strangers' emotional involvement to keep the story moving along......My friend also said that TheSitComgirls' use of that handle is a certain clue to what is really going on....Mentioned that if this were an actual dispute that exists in real time, surely one of the parties would have tried to resolve it by now through civil legal action?  A few people have suggested that avenue, but TheSitComGirls ALWAYS IGNORES THAT SUGGESTION and immediately goes down another rabbit hole: For example, fully knowing that one rooster, Spock, drives her neighbor crazy she also has rooster two, Warren Harding, to aggravate the situation further.... Cars crashing into garbage cans, loud slamming lids and whistling to scare the puppy, ambulances taking the CrazyLady's mom to the hospital, stories of past KKK rallies.....All this going on since last spring!...Everyone involved in this including the dogs, goats, and chickens must be having fits by now; especially the cops and local government officials.....But I forget; it's only a story!....Keep it coming

I've thought the same. Seventy two pages worth? Quite the sitcom drama.

I've seen some crazy stories over the years. The Chicken Chick has been going through something similar, and as a popular blogger I am sure her story checks out.

The craziest/most unbelievable thread I read was on a home building bb. A mistake by a realtor snowballed and was not caught until after the home builder finished building their house on the wrong lot. The actual owners of the lot were unwilling to work a deal (or were unhappy with what was offered). I'm not sure how the situation resolved, but I do remember seeing a news organization covering the story.

Bottom line, the OP has provided pics. Neighbors and code offices are notoriously difficult. I choose to believe the story.

I suggest people give the benefit of the doubt and continue following, or should move on. I see no point in dragging the OP through the mud based on speculation. If someone does some research and finds something out of whack, take it up with the moderators.

Ditto BigE...

This has been quite an entertaining thread. It has probably made more than just me wonder how such a situation could be handled. I have a new rooster who is just beginning to crow. So far he seems to be quite a late sleeper. I have spoken with most of the neighbors already an I don't see any problems. I suppose as long as tasty eggs keep flowing our little roo will be just fine!

Okay, I choose to believe this is true, based on what I've seen happens when neighbor-to-neighbor relationships go bad, the fact that TheSitcomGirls joined much earlier than she started the thread (By years, in fact), and based on the photographs (And similar photographs of her yard and chickens being posted earlier on other threads that have nothing to do with this saga.)
I can totally understand why a high school English teacher would be suspicious of this, but I feel that we should give the OP the benefit of the doubt. If you feel this thread is false, you don't have to post your suspicions here, since as a internet forum, nothing is really guaranteed to be true. This thread really shouldn't be turned into a debate on the truth of something only TheSitcomGirls can know for sure.

YEAH! What they said.
Just because it was well written by an apparently intelligent person with a good vacabulary who can form proper sentences & paragraphs free from misspellings, and knows how to post pictures does not mean it's fake.

If a post said:
help my chickens r sik dey dont eat wat do u do dey r swet chickens i hatch dem from egs last year
There would be no doubt in our minds that it was legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom