Neighborhood Pets and Predators

The ASPCA does the same thing here. If I take an animal to the "pound", I have to pay some fee to drop it off. I just posted this in another thread, but the herb Rue is a natural cat repellent. Cats hate the smell of this plant. This herb flowers, so you get some color added to your property as well as a cat deterrent.

What county are you in? I am in Larimer county. I took one in last year and was not asked to pay anything.
If I call them to come pick it up they will just take it home with a warning but if I take it to them they have to tend to the vetting including neutering before they can get it. At least that is what I was told.
I do have room for Rue and will be looking for it this spring.

What county are you in? I am in Larimer county. I took one in last year and was not asked to pay anything.
If I call them to come pick it up they will just take it home with a warning but if I take it to them they have to tend to the vetting including neutering before they can get it. At least that is what I was told.
I do have room for Rue and will be looking for it this spring.
I also live in Larimer county and I was under the impression from calling and talking to the ASPCA in Ft Collins that there is some small fee for taking stray animals there. Maybe the person I spoke to was not knowledgeable about this? But now I know that there is no fee. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

An update for anyone following who may be interested.....

I caught the neighborhood cat today. I took him to the pound and was not asked for any money. They did ask me if I had called the number on his tag. I told them I did not call it today. I did call it four times since Saturday and got no answer.

I guess we will see if he returns.
If he does he will keep getting free cab rides to the pound.

Other than that the hens are happily digging in the garden.

How about getting a dog that hates cats or maybe your own cat that won't let other cats come around? If the yard is fenced I would get a dog.

If a stray cat is in my yard im not wasting gas to take it to the pound i take care of it myself.......if its in my yard i have the right to do whatever I want. :)

Back
Top Bottom