Nest conundrum

Sounds like it was probably for the best that she doesn’t nest out there anymore. I too would be worried about coons reaching in or flipping the carrier around. 😬

The object is not to carry the nest back and forth but rather to provide a safe place for the hen to be on the nest at night. I cannot see a guinea hen taking kindly to her nest being moved back and forth.
What abt throwing a sheet over it once she's in, & moving it once, up to the house? Obviously this would require a wagon or such given wt issues, but until the run is fixed -🤷‍♀️

What abt throwing a sheet over it once she's in, & moving it once, up to the house? Obviously this would require a wagon or such given wt issues, but until the run is fixed -🤷‍♀️
While I haven’t tried it, everything I’ve read states that guinea’s are fixated on their nest location. So, moving the nest from the original spot results in abandonment… 🤷‍♀️

While I haven’t tried it, everything I’ve read states that guinea’s are fixated on their nest location. So, moving the nest from the original spot results in abandonment… 🤷‍♀️
However there have been a few reported successes. I believe one was the case of the woman that put her guinea nest in a wheelbarrow.

Back
Top Bottom