Netting for over a large run

Quote: I have had a few critters test it and they don't come back to re-test it. 5000+ volts.

0.jpg

@cmom It come down to very simple terms. If you get strong stuff that costs decent cash, than you have a decent product. If you get something very thin and not very strong, than it speaks for itself. The netting you got will keep out raptors. The lite netting is only good enough to keep out sparrows.

I will be installing a Hot Wire setup to keep squirrels out of my pigeon loft during the day and Rocky raccoon out at night. A year ago, one got in and murdered all 7 of my top flite pigeons.
hit.gif
I got some replacements last summer, but they were ALL MUTTS, and worthless such that they did not want to fly, and when they did, they did not know their way back.
idunno.gif
.... I will try again this spring. WISH ME LUCK.... I did find a good source of the ones I want,(I HOPE)
Here is the unit I will be getting. About $35

@cmom It come down to very simple terms. If you get strong stuff that costs decent cash, than you have a decent product. If you get something very thin and not very strong, than it speaks for itself. The netting you got will keep out raptors. The lite netting is only good enough to keep out sparrows.
Not sure what you mean but It works for me and I haven't lost any birds to predators in a very long time. I looked at some netting that looked exactly like mine and the cost was around $400. for 150" x 50'.

It was advertised as "heavy duty" and it is pretty heavy duty. It is rated exactly the same as the gqf netting. I had it originally over my Pheasants.It has been up for about 7 years and no failures yet.

Features/Advantages:
  • Use for pheasants
  • Edge weaved with double strands for added strength when attaching the net
  • Tightly twisted strands so there is less surface area for water to adhere to
  • UV resistant
  • 2" Mesh
  • Black
  • 7-10 year life

I needed a total of 200' to cover all of my pens so with the 150' I got off ebay and the 50' we replaced the blueberry netting which is the same 2" netting, I had enough to cover my pens except for 10' because my pens are 60' x 200'. I bought some 10' x 150' to cover most of the pens but didn't have enough so used a little bird netting over the area in front of a couple of the coops. It's not the neatest job but my DH has Parkinson's so he can't help, so I had to do it my self. The trees have grown up through the years through the netting.

This picture was taken years ago before we built the barn and moved the coops we had back then.

Back
Top Bottom