Nevadans?

Pics

SunnyDawn

Sun Lovin' Lizard
10 Years
Sep 12, 2009
Nor Cal
Hey fellow Nevadans and friends of Nevadans! Welcome to the Nevada thread!!!
frow.gif
Our thread is growing by leaps and bounds so we have added a few pages so you can find all things Nevadan, including our precious Nevada friends and neighbors. This is a great thread and thanks to you all it's getting even better!

Check out these pages... https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...ng-our-friendly-nevada-neighbors-check-it-out

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to say "Hi" before you go. :)

Can't forget our mascot!!! The official Nevada thread chicken mascot is.... (drumroll).... TADA! MAMA!!!!
woot.gif

41069_mama.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Right now I'm just looking for chicken folk. Originally I was looking to share an order of Ameraucanas but that order has been filled now. It would be nice to know of more folks close to me to buy/sell from or just talk chickens. My hubby and I go by Dutch Flat often on our way to see our kids and grandkids. Although I try to avoid the pass when the weather's not great. What elevation are you at there?

Sunny

Two nights ago, my babies woke us up in the middle of the night. Russ took his turn to check on them, and they had food and water. He came back and said, "They just need cuddles. I am NOT cuddling ducks so they'll go to sleep."

Famous last words.

This is tonight.

Hi I'm in Henderson is anyone from here? We just got 8 Gold Star chicks and are wondering about how to handle the hotter weather.

We had an incredibly hot summer last year. Things I did:
-Provide constant shade, even if you're just draping a white sheet over the run. Since our coop is a darker brown, I draped old white sheets over the entire coop to reflect off the heat.
-I kept about 8 red plastic cups of water in my deep freeze. Every hour or so during the hottest times, I'd drop one into the waterer, cup and all, and just take the cup out with the next drop.
-Don't be afraid to hose down coops or dirt. They don't like being misted, but they liked the damp ground.
-Clip small fans in the coop, on the nesting boxes, etc. to keep air circulating. Make sure the fans have really tight guards on them so the chickens don't get hurt.
-Never let them run out of water.
-I also kept ice packs in the freezer, and tucked a couple in the nesting boxes.

Last edited:

Our first egg has been laid!! My golden sex link (Lucy) has had the honor of being the first to start earning her keep. I'm so proud. I just wish the other 3 would get into gear. I've been so busy this summer that it really surprised me when they started looking all grown up. My barred rock has been squatting for about 2 weeks now but no eggs. Anyways, just wanted to share!!! :)

Hi all! I haven't checked in on my thread for ages now! Didn't have internet for 2 years and there has been a lot of personal stuff going on for me. Anyway just wanted to stop in and say "Hi" to everybody.

Back
Top Bottom