New Australian Hatching Mystery Egg at Home

I am so glad to hear from you again, but I'm also puzzled? What on earth are you talking about? We're not going to shut down your thread!
hugs.gif
It's one of the greatest hatch threads here! Very few threads here stay alive long, if you look around the forum you will see what I mean. It's not possible to keep them all going. At the moment there are a total of 789 788 threads on this forum! And I promise you, by this time tomorrow there will be a few dozen more. Though it is wonderful to keep threads like this one going, you must not feel that you HAVE to. Though we really love the updates, if you don't have time, you don't, so don't feel bad and stop apologising, o.k? Just pop in and let us know how you're doing, when you have a moment. As for clogging the system? That's just silly! This is a great thread and all of us who participated here enjoyed it very much. It's not going anywhere!
I concur

As I lurk in here every now and then, hoping for an update that I may have missed - I also see many others. We drop the odd comment to keep the thread alive - not kill it.

You have so many of us captured with your adventure. Keep the updates rolling.

Last edited:
Also, doing a quick read-through of all the posts since I was last online here (yes, I didn't even access the website for months, as I said, I was really busy and basically not on the computer!) But I should update on the major points...

I am fine! Car crash was dealt with, nobody was hurt, and thankfully Basil wasn't driving or we'd've had a hard time getting insurance. Sorry to worry you with my absence. Mild flu's aside, really, it's just been work overload that has kept me away.
Basil is also fine! Has not flown away, either for adventure or with a hot little pullet (lol Piglett!) He may be a She, because S/He is showing visual traits of both genders, so I'm still really not sure- perhaps still juvenile. Kind of holding out for Basil to lay an egg and help make the decision clear!

This is my favourite of your theories I think hehehehee:
Quote: This is a great shot of him....well his beak.lol.
clap.gif
Good job with him, great story and adventure.

Well, I think Basil is a girl. ( which is great, isn't it?? ) EGGS!!!

The feathering is a bit had to tell ( both have almost laced chests ) but note the white eye markings. A white line on top and bottom of the eye, while on the male it is full brown.

keep us updated and tell us every thing i had a perfect hatch of 5/5 eggs today and my broody was going well until she rejected one this afternoon i am leaving it with her for the night and if it is still not under her tomorrow I wiil have to take it in.

Back
Top Bottom