New Babies from Atwoods

SpunkyBird

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2016
We have 6 new babies! We were going to wait until spring to get more chicks but we went in and that was it. Couldn't resist the only t two in the bins with feathered feet or the tiny white one.

I'd love breed guesses!

The group huddled together waiting on me to get the brooder set up.

#1 and #2 - The bin said silver laced wyandottes pullets and assorted straight run bantams

#3 - so white and fluffy!! In with a bin of buff orpington chicks but she was half their size and so white in comparison

#4 assorted bantams bin - feathered feet

#5 assorted bantams - greyish feet

#6 - my favorite - feathered feet obviously and soo fluffy

#1 & #2 are Silver Laced Wyandottes. #4 is a Millie Fleur d'Uccle. #5 is a Gold Sebright. #5 is a Porcelain d'Uccle. #3 looks like a white Guinea to me, may just be the angle of the picture.

That's kind of hilarious. I didn't even realize guinea fowl came in any color but the grey. If that is right will she/he be ok as the only in a small flock of chickens? My only experience with guinea fowl is knowing neighbors that had them free range in the past. They had guineas at the store but they were older and all the gray color. Here's a clear photo.

#1 & #2 are Silver Laced Wyandottes. #4 is a Millie Fleur d'Uccle. #5 is a Gold Sebright. #5 is a Porcelain d'Uccle. #3 looks like a white Guinea to me, may just be the angle of the picture.
x2, although I'm not sure about #4. It'll be easier to determine what you have once they are fully feathered and you can tell what comb they have.

That's kind of hilarious. I didn't even realize guinea fowl came in any color but the grey. If that is right will she/he be ok as the only in a small flock of chickens? My only experience with guinea fowl is knowing neighbors that had them free range in the past. They had guineas at the store but they were older and all the gray color. Here's a clear photo.
Yep that's a guinea. It'll be fine with its chicken siblings.

I am curious about the white chick - what makes it a guinea? The first picture of it does look sorta guinea- ish but, the larger photo of it looks very chicken-y. I've never seen baby guineas

Back
Top Bottom