May 13, 2021
Kentucky
Chicken math hit me and my husband hard at TSC the other day. We went in with zero intention to get babies. Then my husband said get 9. I said no and then we settled on six. We ended up with nine.

3 Rhode Island Reds (all pullets)
3 black Jersey Giants (straight run)
3 Barred Rocks (straight run)

We may end up with multiple Roos but we’ll figure that out as we go. We live in a rural/ farming area so rehoming won’t be an issue.

Sorry the picture isn’t great, but they are still a bit skittish and I don’t wanna frighten them too badly.

The day after we got them my husband walked into the garage, looked at them, shook his head and said “baby chickens… what was I thinkin’?”

Too late now, pal.

Attachments

• 7E009C31-3665-49EE-8FC7-C6B5CE10F0F3.jpeg
    7E009C31-3665-49EE-8FC7-C6B5CE10F0F3.jpeg
    501.8 KB · Views: 13
Congratulations on your chicks! How sweet! :jumpy

The day after we got them my husband walked into the garage, looked at them, shook his head and said “baby chickens… what was I thinkin’?”

Too late now, pal.
:gigMy other half did the same after he bought me a horse as a surprise birthday present! He didn’t realise at the time what it all entailed!

Chicken math hit me and my husband hard at TSC the other day. We went in with zero intention to get babies. Then my husband said get 9. I said no and then we settled on six. We ended up with nine.

3 Rhode Island Reds (all pullets)
3 black Jersey Giants (straight run)
3 Barred Rocks (straight run)

We may end up with multiple Roos but we’ll figure that out as we go. We live in a rural/ farming area so rehoming won’t be an issue.

Sorry the picture isn’t great, but they are still a bit skittish and I don’t wanna frighten them too badly.

Too late now, pal.
Happens to the beat of us! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom