new banty chicks, what could they beee? (updated pics 05/09)

haleyluna

Songster
12 Years
May 3, 2007
oklahoma city
i have 29 bantams from ideal that came in yesterday. i ordered three each of silver sebright, milli fleur d uccle, black japanese, blue wheaten, and red pyle. i didn't post the black japanese since they were easy to pick out. i'm pretty sure we've got the others figured out, but i thought i'd ask you guys and gals for your opinion. aside from those i listed, the other fourteen were a grab bag (some are the same). just curious to see if anyone recognizes any right off.
smile.png

#1 silver sebright
IMG_5396.jpg

#2 milli fleur d uccle
IMG_5398.jpg

#3 milli fleur d uccle
IMG_5406.jpg

#4 milli fleur d uccle
IMG_5403.jpg

#5 blue wheaten?
IMG_5414.jpg

#6 red pyle?
IMG_5415.jpg

#7 black cochin?
IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5418.jpg

IMG_5416.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5412.jpg

IMG_5411.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen a RIR that dark, but I've never seen a RIR banty, so who knows!

I'd guess Buff Cochin for #12.

I think the rest of your guesses are what I would guess.
lau.gif
Not very helpful huh?

That speckled face on #11 looks so familiar...but I can't for the life of me remember where I've seen them.
he.gif

Cute babe's and good pic's though!
yippiechickie.gif

I agree about number 11 being a buttercup. I am not sure about 10 I would have to see the side of its face better. 7 sure looks like a black cochin to me too. 9 kind of looks like it could be a japanese.

thanks so much! we're killing ourselves trying to figure out what the fat lil red guy is. so poofy. everyone else has wing feathers now (6 days) and he/she is still just a little fuzzball. i'll try to get updated pictures now that everyone has feathers coming in.

updated pictures. hope this helps! i only took a few out b/c i got home from work late tonight.

this is the one w/ just a few face spots:
IMG_5767.jpg

here's his feets:
IMG_5775.jpg

here's the little fluffy red one that we can't figure out. at a week old and just has a few tiny wing feathers under the fluff:
IMG_5751.jpg

japanese?
IMG_5791.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom