You know what time it is! 6 week old gender guesses!

That's an amazing story! With lots of ups and downs! Thanks for sharing!
I had another down this morning. The snake found a way into these chicks coop, and ate my 3 favorite pullets. Pebbles, Myrtle, and Marsh. So I have 1 for sure hen (Dani) and maybe Mallow. So... 2 of the hens that died were for Chipmunk and Sweet Pea because SP was being overmated. So I really hope Silkie is a hen to hold Chipmunk over until next year. Then I'll order chicks from Ideal. The 3rd hen that died was going to be used for breeding BBS Cochin Bantams. But my friend has some Blue hens that are close to the same age that can go in with mine.

I have more to add to my chickening story and new pics of Mallow (now called Silkie. I can't have a Mallow without a Marsh) The day after the snake attack, a racoon struck during the night and killed Chipmunk the OEGB. So... Sweet Pea is now going to be used for breeding. I got the 2 splash hens and they are integrated with SP. I also got the 2 blue pullets and they are kinda integrated into the chicks. Desi and Dani are being mean to them still. Hope and Silkie defend them. Now, here are updated pictures of Silkie. (S)he is getting darker vuff patches on her wings which makes me think cockerel, but since (s)he is partridge, it may just be her/his coloring.
20220803_193917.jpg

20220803_194006.jpg
20220803_194009.jpg

:love: Pictures?
I will get some when I get home. He is a lovely shade of all shades of brown. His comb is reddish purple and he is starting to turn reddish purple where his wattles should be. He has the cutest little head poof, a BIG beard, and he is the softest thing I have ever touched. Will definitely be getting another Silkie if room allows.

Back
Top Bottom