New brooder ready for peeps *pics* *pics added (heavy)

Freepopcorn

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 29, 2008
Jefferson County, TN
Well...My 25 Black Star hens are supposed to be here on 05/29 or 05/30. I just got my brooder setup. Here are some pics (without the pine in the bottom).

9618_dsc01437.jpg

9618_dsc01435.jpg

Adjustable heat lamp

9618_dsc01434.jpg

Ill post up the peeps when they get here.

Last edited:
Great brooder! I can't wait to see the peeps! I got mine last week and they have just been a pleasure and NOOOO Smell AT ALL and I have not even cleaned out the brooder yet! Just been stirring it around! I will change it completely over the weekend though. I LOVE your little roost for them...SO cute! I used the top part of my clothes dryer rack lol It has three levels for them.

Hi, I am a 26yr old Man. Why is that relevant? Because I just received my black star peeps and I feel like a 13 year old cheerleader girl who's football team won their first game...

AND HERE THEY ARE

9618_dsc01438.jpg

9618_dsc01444.jpg

Eating and drinking right out of the box.

9618_dsc01447.jpg

I already have a favorite...

9618_dsc01450.jpg

She's a beauty!

They are all doing great. Shout out to Welp Hatchery for sending me healthy, live, active chicks. I also got a bonus rooster. I havent physically counted the whole group yet...but im sure I have an extra pullet just by looking at the size of the flock.

GO me!

:::YAY Frepopcorn:::

Little beauties - and it's OK - everyone's allowed to feel like a 13 year old cheerleader girl on BYC, it's almost a requirement!
wink.png

Awww, aren't they cute!! I love getting in baby chicks. My husband is 26 yrs old as well and he acted the same way. LOL.

Very exciting. Are they still doing well?

We got an odd chick as well in our batch of Production Reds. A nearly pure white chick. I named her Snow White. She developed a little slower than the others and now is pitch black. LOL Never know what they will look like as they grow.

Last edited:
wee.gif

Congradulations and Good luck. I was a nervous wreck for the first week, it was still cold so I was getting up every couple of hour to make sure that the temp is consistant.

BTW My husband is 31 and he tried to play the macho "these are your chickens not my responsibility" well there were several time I woke up and he was playing with the chicks in the midle fo the night. He loves them. (As long as I don't try to get more!!!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom