New building for my birds

nice setup

Thank You. I have spent quite a bit of time on it but definitely not yet done. Work won't resume until spring when I can fine tune the automatic watering system without worrying. Then breeding pens to build. Old building has to be moved out into the pasture north of the house if it doesn't sell. Only regret is I didn't do it 5 years ago.

Craig - how does the 1x1 wire seem to be working on the bottom of the male cages? Just wondering if you're having any feet problems or if it is working better than 1/4" mesh...

Craig - how does the 1x1 wire seem to be working on the bottom of the male cages? Just wondering if you're having any feet problems or if it is working better than 1/4" mesh...

So far so good. No sore feet or health issues due to wire. I do not think non coated wire would have as good of results. The vinyl really makes the wire larger.

I think it is far superior to 1/4 inch. The poo goes through the 1" to the bang boards for easy cleaning and the foot feathers seem to be not getting damaged. I showed a person yesterday how easy and fast it is to clean pens. I can clean a dozen pens in 5 min or less. If I was to make pens for hens I would probably buy a roll of the 3/4" vinyl coated wire that is also available from the same company and try that.

This picture can certainly show better than my words that being on this type of wire for months does not damage the birds foot feathers or his health. He did well at a show in Florida on February 23, 2013.

This is the chicken house of my dreams
love.gif
Those are some spoiled chickens!

Back
Top Bottom