New Chickens, New Coop...1st timer

kannada35

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 17, 2010
Woodville
Hello all....brought home my first four hens on Saturday from the market. They are Orpingtons, 2 buff and 2 black. They had already started laying prior to me purchasing...but since bringing them home from the market on Saturday....not an egg to be seen. Is there a period of time that they need to settle in? They have adjusted to the coop well and are in and out. It also has made me being to wonder if I need more lighting or am I just not being patient.
Any insight would be appreciated.

welcome-byc.gif
They do get a little scared when they have been moved and wont lay for a few days. If they still arent laying soon, i would consider adding a aother window to your coop to give them some light. Good Luck!

Hello there and welcome! You're right on target. They just need to settle in and once they feel at home, you'll see those eggs again. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks. So you're also right that you need to be patient.

Enjoy those hens and it'll be like Christmas when you see those first eggs!
smile.png

Welcome to this addiction.
wink.png
aAnd welcome to this site.
wink.png
Be sure to create your own page so that we can all see your coop and the girls. This is the BEST place you'll find to ask questions and learn from others experience as well as share your own experiences.

Back
Top Bottom