New chicks- what are they? New pics added!

NicoleRM

Songster
13 Years
Dec 2, 2007
Williston, FL
I ordered 30 chicks from Ideal during their special on assorted bantams. Below is what they sent, anybody got ideas on what breeds they might be? I'm kinda new to chickens and the pictures in the catalog aren't cuttin it! They're all clean-legged.

2129041612_8e1f231d4b_o.jpg

2128265273_f7785df415_o.jpg

Thanks!
Nicole

Last edited:
Very cute chicks! Oh sorry but I don't know what they are.......very sorry!

They're very cute. They look very healthy.....

Oh wait, I think those with dark-brown backs are Rhode Island Reds, but I'm not really quite sure because of the black markings........sorry!

If they are Rhode Island Reds, then you are very lucky because they are sweet, friendly, safe for kids, probably the best egg layers in the world and have superior meat quality.

Good luck and very sorry!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
The ones with the pom poms on their heads are polish if they are clean legged. And there are a few with eyeliner that may be ameracauna or EE bantams
idunno.gif

Ver cute bunch you got there and congratulations!

Last edited:
I'm agreeing with silkieluvr. I see Polish and I bet the ones with eyeliner are EE's. I don't know why you'd get Polish in a bantam assortment, I'm pretty ideal doesn't carry bantam Polish. Mmmmm
Post again when they are 5 or 6 weeks old and we'll guess again.
big_smile.png

Ya, please keep posting in these upcoming months so we can see how they grow! O ya, and I just checked on the ideal website and the all white pom pom chicks are actually sultan bantams! Lucky you, they're pretty cute!

Last edited:
I see polish and OEG for sure, I'm not sure if the ones with eyeliner are EE's but they could be! They're all soooooo cute

Back
Top Bottom