New coop build

The girls waiting on their new house in their staging coop
10 RIR and 10 brown Leghorns

It's looking awesome! Nice work. I just have a few suggestions:

You may want to consider being able to access the nest boxes from the outside, since there are times you'll want to run out and get a couple of fresh eggs without getting chicken poop on your shoes...

Having a couple of outside roosts would be nice for the chickens to hang out on during the day. It also reduces coop cleaning.

Can't wait to see pictures of the finished coop!

2ft x 5 1/2ft x 2 ft high 3in width 3/4 thick on the wood
Thanks, I love this design!
I've got one drawn up and sent to a woodworking friend proposing a barter deal to make the framing.
Went a little larger(30" deep x 72" long x 36" tall) and going to use barrel nuts to assemble so I can take it apart and store flat when not in use.

It's looking awesome!  Nice work. I just have a few suggestions:

You may want to consider being able to access the nest boxes from the outside, since there are times you'll want to run out and get a couple of fresh eggs without getting chicken poop on your shoes...

Having a couple of outside roosts would be nice for the chickens to hang out on during the day.  It also reduces coop cleaning.

Can't wait to see pictures of the finished coop!

Thanks for the options..
i am going to have roosts outside the coop area and the tops of the nesting area is hinged.

Got the main truss up and painted...

Put the plywood on the coop area.

Then put the shingles and main roof on...

Also have the ramps painted and drying.

Its coming together now to hang roosts hardware cloth and doors!!!!!

All the bare dirt around the coop once it is done, I am planting clover and chick weed for them to have more to snack on :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom